Summer Show - Ring 4 SJ
Time & Location
About the Event
Classes in all rings start at 10.00am and will run in order. A lunch break will be taken for approximately half an hour at approximately 12.30pm
Rosettes to 6th place in all classes. Championship and Reserve awarded for rings 1-3
Ring One - In hand
1) Cob - any height, to be shown natural or hogged
2) Coloured - to include spotted, palomino, dun and roan
3) Best condition - open to all
4) Riding/Show type horse/pony - any height
5) Thoroughbred - open to all thoroughbreds
6) Small M&M - Welsh A & B, Shetlands, Dartmoors and Exmoors
7) Large M&M - Welsh C & D, New forests, Dales, Fells, Connemaras and Highlands
8) Youngstock - one, two and three year old fillies and geldings only
9) Veteran horse/pony - aged 16 years and over
10) Arab - to include Anglo, pure and part bred Arabs
11) Hunter type - horse/pony any height
12) Open breed - open to all
In Hand Championship for all 1st and 2nd placed competitors
Ring Two - Ridden Showing
13) Riding/show type horse/pony - any height
14) Thoroughbred - open to all thoroughbreds
15) Veteran horse/pony - aged 16 years and over
16) Arab - to include Anglo, pure and part bred Arabs
17) Hunter type horse/pony - any height
18) Equitation - judged on the quality of the riding, any height, any age rider, see rule 16
19) Open breed - open to all
20) Cob - any height to be shown natural or hogged
21) Open M&M - Welsh A,B,C,D, Shetlands, Dartmoors, Exmoors, New forests, Dales, Fells, Connemaras and Highlands
22) Coloured - to include, spotted, palomino, dun and roan
23) Riding Club horse/pony - to include a small fence, see rule 16 & 18
Ridden Championship for all 1st and 2nd placed competitors
Ring Three - Novice Ridden (please see rule 14)
24) Best turned out - ridden, open to all
25) Green horse - horses/ponies to be 7 years and under
26) Lead rein - for riders 8 years and under, see rule 16
27) First ridden showing - for riders 11 years and under
28) Beginners showing - any height/breed, rider to be 16 years and under, see rule 15
29) Beginners showing - any height/breed, rider to be 17 years and over, see rule 15
30) Beginners equitation - rider to be 16 years and under, see rules 15 & 16
31) Beginners equitation - rider to be 17 years and over, see rules 15 & 16
32) Beginners riding club horse/pony - to include trotting poles, see rule 15 & 16
Novice Ridden Championship for all 1st and 2nd placed competitors
In hand novelty classes (open to all)
33) Young handler - horse/pony any height, handler to be 14 years or below
34) Pony with the cutest face
35) Nicest mane and tail
36) Pony the judge would like to take home
Ring Four - Show Jumping
37) 30 - 40 cms, no fillers, open to lead rein
38) 50 cms
39) Speed - 60cms - 1 round against the clock
40) 60 cm
41) 70 cm
42) 80 cm
43) 90 cm
 All competitors compete at own risk.
 Competitors are strongly advised to have a minimum of public liability insurance in place.
 Liability – the organisers or anyone acting on their behalf accept no liability whatsoever for loss injury, or damage to any animal, property, persons, or vehicle how so ever caused.
 Hard hats must be worn at all times when mounted and comply to one of the following current 2016 hat standards. PAS 015 1998 & 2011 with kite mark, VG1 with Kite mark, SNELL E2001 with Snell mark & number, ASTM-F1163 with SEI mark and AS/NZS 3838 1998, 2003 and 2006.
 Competitors under 16years of age must wear a hard hat when competing in the in hand ring.
 The judges/stewards decision is final, objections may be submitted in writing with a fee of £20 on the day of the show only.
 No horses/ponies under the age of 4 to be ridden on the showground.
 The age of all horses/ponies shall be calculated from the 1st January in the year of its birth.
 No stallions or colts
 No excessive use of spurs or whips will be allowed
 All children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
 The committee reserve the right to exclude any horse/pony it considers to be a danger to spectators or competitors. Known kickers must wear a red tail ribbon.
 All dogs to be kept on leads.
 Ring three is for novice, beginners, children and green horses only, please do not abuse this (this does not apply to best turned out which is open to all).
 The beginner classes in ring three are for inexperienced competitors and as such competitors will not be allowed to also enter ridden classes in ring two. If necessary a standard will be introduced. It will not be mandatory to canter in the beginners classes.
 Snaffle bridles only for all equitation, riding club and lead rein classes.
 The committee reserve the right to amalgamate or divide classes should the number of entries warrant it.
 Will include a small jump.